I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Busy Bee, and Being P.C.

First of all, I had planned to write more frequently than I currently have, but it looks like work is busier than I anticipated (I've been up to my elbows in projects this week), and I don't have an internet connection right now at the house, so lunch times is about as blog-y as I'll get for a couple weeks.



I can feel that struggle between whether to say what I really feel or to temper it for the sake of not offending people. The truth, I think, is that many things that I think, or at least many "somethings that I've got to say" (what a mouthful of poor English) would be offensive because I'm fairly blunt, admittedly often too emotional, sometimes self-righteous (ouch) and controversial. I also try to tell the truth, which I think my friends can attest for. So while I would call someone out for an issue and want to truthfully express my opinion about things, I also believe that I have to be honest with and about myself. That makes skipping around topics for the sake of being less divisive, less rude, things of the sort, more difficult.

On the other hand, I can look at things from the other side and see that if I felt I was on the other end of someone's vitrol and thought s/he made a huge misstatement, it could piss me off. To the point where I'd say, "Why is it that people can say this stuff online?"

The last thing I'd like to be is controversial for the sake of being controversial - that's lame. That's really lame. Nor would I want to alienate people. But trying to honestly express views, thoughts, opinions, I think that's okay. I do believe open communication is one of the best ways for people to move past their differences to commonalities.

So I'll try to be honest while also trying to be respectful.


That is 'try'.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home