I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

no global warming

... or so says good ole roy.

now, believe me, there has been much more exciting news than this since i last posted. but i just happened to be reading this article and had to post it.

you see, i've never been a big global warming type of person. i mean, i had no doubt that it was real, but i wasn't really concerned about it and i had that selfish perspective of "well, it won't fuck me up in my lifetime."

that is, until the heat wave. i don't know if i've felt anything like it. i would say without a doubt i have been in the hottest and the most humid part of the country in summer, and this heat wave was more intense than any of them.

so now that i am personally connected to this, global warming is taking a slightly bigger place in my mind. issues like poverty, racism, conflicts in africa and the middle east, ...... [all the topics that go there that i'm not thinking of at the moment], and even finding and getting a job take precedent over global warming. but at least gw is in my top, say, 100 concerns (maybe), instead of not really being an issue for me.

Majority Whip Blunt: If I Stay In Charge, Congress Won’t ‘Do Anything Meaningful’ On Climate Change

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home